Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Painting " The Rise of America"


The Rise of America 1&2
by a.Siqueiros March 1 2011
Last night I found my self eager to get to this painting that has been on my mind since 6 months ago. Envisioning the concept with in my head day in and day out. I kept on working on it pulling it out from time to time. But last night in having the ability to work large on a 5 foot by 5 foot canvas got my blood stirring. So I took a nap had the weirdest dream all surrounded around the painting and jump out of bed ran down to the garage and pulled it out. Placed strapped it on top of my car, Loaded all my painting supplies and headed down the road only to find that I did not strap it good enough. When I look up the canvas was just about to fly off. Immediately I pulled over strapped it good and tight and continued driving. I had to carry this thing to West La College load it in to an elevator to the third floor and then carry it again to a class room on the other side of a building. Dropped it off and all the way back to the car to load my supplies.  I finally got going on painting and all the figures started to shape with out much effort. 
The reason I am telling you this story: Well I want to let everyone who thinks an artist dose not work to do their work is crazy. You see we work all the time even when we are not moving. A concept gets in our head and we just can not let it go! We are like pit bulls who lock their jaws in to it, and their is just no giving up or running back. You wonder why art is so expensive well it is expensive because it is at our expense that we work endlessly in making good works. It takes time, enormous amount of energy and thinking how we are going to accomplish it to do it, maintain it, store it, and finally wait for the creator to let us know when we finish it. So the next time you look at paintings or any kind of art form think about what the artist did on the process just to get where you can view it in a gallery, museum, or anywhere so you could experience it. Give some consideration to the artist that just for that brief moment of taking you some where else in time did it to raise your consciousness!

3 comments:

nunya said...

You go girl!

Unknown said...

Love it!!!!

Chelsea Rose said...

Hi Annie!

Wow, I am in love with your blog! The painting is looking wonderful and your journey/struggle to create it is so telling. Thanks for your words of truth too, they strike true! I am thrilled that my Mom, Joy sent me your blog link. Looking forward to reading more blog posts.

Much love always,
-Chelsea Rose